The most beautiful beaches on the Ile de Ré
Bordered by more than 100 km of coastline, the Ile de Ré is a small territory full of treasures. The beaches of the Ile de Ré are among the most beautiful and best preserved in Europe. Whether you are a sportsman, a sunbather or a family, the Sunêlia Interlude campsite offers you a selection of the best beaches on the Île de Ré.
The family beaches of the Ile de Ré
To enjoy a family swim while letting your children have fun in complete safety, the best beaches are on the south and west coasts of the island :
- Gros-Jonc beach: bordered by dunes and located 50 m from the Sunêlia Interlude campsite, this large sandy beach is sheltered from the wind and offers a calm sea that is very popular with families.
- Trousse-Chemise beach: located at the western tip of the island, this large shaded beach, bordered by a pine forest, is ideal for swimming, picnics and walks.
- The Gollandières beach: a huge beach of fine sand, it offers many activities for young and old.
The wild beaches of the Ile de Ré
Are you looking for more intimate, calmer beaches or beaches more suited to thrills ?
- La Conche des Baleines beach: to the west of the island, in Saint-Clément-des-Baleines, this part of the coast has remained wild and offers a great playground for experienced surfers and kitesurfers.
- La plage des Grenettes : this shaded beach, located in a rather wooded area, is situated on the south coast of the island. It is also an excellent spot for surfers.
- La plage du Grouin: a charming, intimate and pretty beach, it is equally suitable for swimming and seaside activities.