Family weekend: what to do and see on the Ile de Ré?
Are you planning to book a stay on the Ile de Ré for a weekend or a family vacation? Do you want to know what to do with your children in this little corner of Nouvelle-Aquitaine? Near our 5-star campsite on the beach, there are many activities for the whole family and for all ages, great discoveries await you after crossing the bridge!
What awaits you...
- Sports activities, cultural activities and Zen activities, there is something for everyone
- Discovery of the beaches of the Ile de Ré and Gros Jonc beach is located 50m from our campsite
- Located in the heart of the island, our campsite offers you the ideal location to visit the north and the south of the island.
Activities for the whole family around the campsite
The Ile de Ré: the beach as a horizon
Bathing, soaking your feet, collecting shells or strolling, building sand castles, putting on your armbands and playing in the waves: the sandy beaches of the Ile de Ré await you! The closest beach to the Sunêlia Interlude campsite is that of Gros Jonc, located just 50 meters away… Ideal for taking the children without having to walk too much!
Sports activities for all
The Ile de Ré has a wide variety of sports activities accessible to all. A trip that promises beautiful discoveries. For example: horseback riding or with a pony, tennis, mini-golf, fishing on foot or even an escape game. Let’s not forget the secure cycle paths that criss-cross the island. You can come with your bikes or find a rental on site that will offer you equipment, whatever the age of your children.
Nature walks in the heart of the Ile de Ré
Enjoy a nature outing to see the salt marshes, the foreshore or the Lilleau des Niges nature reserve. You will be able to observe a preserved biodiversity and exceptional landscapes. Children will discover an explorer's soul!
Cultural outings near the campsite
Discover the heritage of the Ile de Ré by visiting the whale lighthouse in Saint-Clément-des-Baleines or the Vauban fortifications in Saint-Martin de Ré. The whale lighthouse will give you a breathtaking view of the island, its beaches and the horizon. For children and parents, there are also many artistic activities offering workshops and courses. Do not forget to linger in the churches of the various villages, you will be able to observe magnificent stained glass windows representing the landscapes of the island, true testimony of the past. You can even climb to the top of the church of Saint-Martin-en-Ré to admire the landscape.
Gastronomic and culinary discovery of the region
Discover new flavors with the culinary specialties of the Ile de Ré and awaken your children's taste. A real taste journey awaits you, enjoy a picnic on the beach to taste the local specialities.
During your stay, treat yourself by tasting:
- local products on one of the markets on the Ile de Ré (early potatoes, fleur de sel caramels, biscuits, jams, chocolates, honeys, etc.). Bois-plage-en-Ré, Saint-Martin-de-ré, etc. each village organizes its market.
- oysters and seafood in an oyster hut.
And in case of rain?
If a few drops occur during your stay, here are some ideas for visits to do if it rains on the Ile de Ré:
- the Ernest-Cognacq museum in Saint-Martin-de-Ré;
- the salt marsh eco-museum in Loix;
- the whale lighthouse museum in Saint-Clément-des-baleines
- you can also cross the bridge to discover the La Rochelle aquarium.
What to do on the Ile de Ré? Everyone has their holiday occupations...
What to do on the Ile de Ré with children under 12?
Do you have children under 12? You will find activities suitable for them on the Ile de Ré: rides and playgrounds in the heart of the villages and on the seafront, children's clubs on the beaches for fun and making friends, etc.
Activities for teenagers
The Ile de Ré is also a paradise for teenagers. How to create beautiful memories and take selfies to share with friends? Head to the beach to have fun learning to surf, kitesurf, catamaran or paddle! And in the evening, the entertainers of our campsite offer entertainment to enjoy being together until the end of the night!
And the parents in all this?
And whether with the family or while the children are at the club, parents also have the right to enjoy “grown-up” activities:
- visit of the vineyards of the Ile de Ré and tasting of local wines;
- practice of supervised aquatic and nautical activities on the beaches;
- relaxation with a thalassotherapy session or at the campsite spa.
And all this without forgetting all the family activities within our campsite: indoor and outdoor swimming pool with aquatic area for the youngest, children's club and teen club, playgrounds and sports grounds, nurseries, entertainment... So, for the perfect holiday as a family, welcome to the Ile de Ré!
Ideal accommodation for a family stay
We have thought of everything:
Get the best price
Warranty cancellation offered